SRD Hud Maker Performance Upgrade - for Rpg Maker MV
A downloadable Rpg Maker MV - Plugin
When I do commissions for other developers related to RPG MAKER MV, It was not uncommon finding inside their projects plugins from the most famous plugin's makers. Specifically, there is the combination between SRD_SuperToolsEngine and SRD_HudMaker that in most of the situation was a must.
However, the Hud Maker has a specific problem that it could be a pain for programmers like me that uses a ton the developer console. Indeed, when the Hud Maker plugin is active, using the developer console is usually a pain as the game will constantly lag and you will not able to execute any kind of command (it depends a lot from the hardware as well)
So, I've developed this small utility plugin that should help to solve this problem. It actually helps to upgrade the performances of the HUD MAKERin general, but if you want you can just use it as a companion during the devleoping process for making easier to access developer tools without having langs.
WARNING! Inside this page you will not find the original HUD MAKER plugin by SRDude that is owned by him with all the rights related. More info inside Plugin's Compatibility below.
- Changed the looping method of the hud maker instances from a forEach to a for/on loop for having better performances in general.
- You can disable the update of invisible children (alpha 0 or invisible) inside plugin parameters.
- There is a plugin parameter that allows to jump frames in the children update of the HUD MAKER (it can have unwanted effect! Use it carefully).
Update Invisibile Children -> As default the HUD MAKER updates invisibile children. If you set the plugin parameter to FALSE children not visibile (or that has alpha/opacity set to 0) they will not update.
Jump Frame? -> When this parameter is set to TRUE the update method of the children will be processed only when Graphics.frameCount modulo 2 is equal to 0, meaning that it will jump odd frames. This can increase a lot the performance of your game, but if you children needs to update every frame this could create unwanted effect. However, this could be really useful in a testing environment.
Now, let's showcase the actual effect. I've made two GIFs showing the differences when the Development Console is open without and with the plugin.
WITHOUT THE PLUGIN
WITH THE PLUGIN ( Update Invisible Children se to FALSE and Jump Frame set to TRUE)
This plugins is a small addon for SRD_HudMaker.js, it needs the original plugin for working. This plugin works inside Rpg Maker MV versions >= 1.6.x
RPG MAKER VERSION:
The plugin is developed on Rpg Maker MV - Version 1.6.1 and with the related PIXI.js Version 4.5.4. It should be compatible with older version of Rpg Maker MV.
- Credits are not necessary. but highly appreciated. Credits to Bluemoon.
- Avoid to change plugin information, filename and parameters name for the sake of integrity of the code.
- Edits to the code are allowed.
- The plugin can be used for both commercial and non-commercial projects.
- You can't redistribute this plugin as it is or incorporating portion of the code inside another plugin;
Thank you very much for the support!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Update v1.0.1! Solved important bug!Apr 07, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.